Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Work of Art--Episodes 7 and 8--Miles Wears Thin

At first I thought Miles on Work of Art was cute, enigmatic, and soulful. Now I'm getting a bit tired of him. Every week he nails together some pieces of wood and the judges love it. And yes, Jaclyn has a beautiful body, but enough with the nudity. That's the main takeaway from Episode 8. I was too busy to write my reactions to episode 7 last week. Plus I'm getting headaches from being on the computer too much so I need new glasses, but they're not ready yet. So I'm trying to limit computer time. Also I'm too obsessed with the Fantastic Four to think about art and Project Runway starts soon. But where was I?

Okay, episode 7 was the childhood one, right? Peregrine's piece looked sloppy to me. but the idea was interesting. I thought Jaclyn's was totally undeveloped. She obviously did not want to think about her childhood. I wanted to see more of Mark's comic book. It looked really intriguing and was a departure for him and they only showed a few seconds. Miles bamboozled the judges once again with some abstract empty shit--a blank crossword puzzle and some rubber band balls. Give me a break. He should have gone home for that. Abdi made a bunch of logos. If he had taken them and done something more creative than just arraging them in rows that could have worked. Nicole had a really great idea, but I couldn't make out the individual pieces and what they meant. Ryan's piece was definitely not the worst--that was Jaclyn's. But we needed to see her breasts one more time, so she stayed.

Onward to episode 8--opposites. I really liked Peregrine and Mark's heaven and hell pictures and I don't care if the snooty judges thought they were too obvious. They were right about Abdi this time however. He really dropped the ball with that green coral painting. What is with that Socrates' cave crap?? Miles sailed by with some woodwork he punched. I will say that Jaclyn's painting was actually very pretty, even though it was the same subject--herself nude--that she's been doing week after week. I'm sure it excites the straight guys--particularly Miles. I would have eliminated Abdi rather than Mark. And why was everyone crying? Was China that upset and why did she wear a cocktail dress in the morning segment? Did she just get in after a night on the town?

They said there was one more challenge before the final three compete for the prize, so I guess two will be eliminated next week. Probably Abdi and I hope Jaclyn, but she'll probably stay to disrobe and pleasure herself publicly once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment