Sunday, April 11, 2010

Project Runway Season 7: Episodes 11 and 12--Costume Party

There were so many twists and turns in Episode 11 of Project Runway I needed a full week to recover from the whiplash. First Maya dropped out, then Valerie took that DKNY job after turning it down the previous week. That really freaked me since she gave such an Best-Supporting-Actress-Oscar performance on the runway in her big speech to Seth Aaron about how much faith she had in him and would be anything to stay with him all the way to Bryant Park. But then I saw on Models of the Runway where they offered her double her usual fee and I couldn't really blame her for taking the job. Then Seth Aaron basically told me to fuck off when he addressed the viewers about Maya's leaving. "We all work so hard and are under such pressure, so anyone watching this and passing judgement on Maya can f--k off!" Well, screw you right back, Seth Aaron with your zippers and tailoring. I'm an American citizen and it's my God-given right to pass judgement on anyone whose kisser is on my TV machine! I'm more with Emilio who said "Quitters never win." Yeah, I hope Sarah Palin was watching.

So Anthony comes on to replace Maya and right away quotes "Gypsy" so I know we're back on the right course. (I think I'll make a separate blog about references to musical comedy in more mainstream culture that only gays will get.) The challenge was a red carpet dress for Heidi. How original and didn't they already do a make-a-dress-for-Heidi challenge? The guest judge was Jessica Alba, such a big star (NOT! what has she been in besides those Fantastic Four movies?) and she showed her lack of taste by gushing over Anthony's meh! drapey thing. I didn't find it exciting at all. Emilio did deserve to win with his glittery copper gown. We found out a little bit too much about Jay's big-butt fetish. Jonathan's shower curtain with a couple red towels on it got him eliminated and he really did deserve it this time. Irish Carrie who took Valeria's place was bounced for the second time in a row, so she went out and got drunk with Brandise ("Yiz can kiss me arse").

Episode 12 sent the remaining five designers to the circus where Jay ogled the acrobats' pecs. This was actually fun and there used to more instances of field trips (even flights to Paris) and weird challenges like designing costumes for ice skaters, female wrestlers, drag queens, postal workers, beauty pageant contestants,and relatives of the other designers. There should be more challenges like that. The idea was to design a dress influenced by the circus, but Seth Aaron and Mila made costumes FOR the circus. Both their outfits looked like they had taken too many drugs after viewing the new Alice in Wonderland movie. What's with those long sleeves, Seth? And Mila's model looked like she was auditioning to play a vampire villain on an episode of Doctor Who. Jay once again made a big butt outfit and Anthony made a huge goof with a blue polyesther thing from a 1970s beauty pageant. Despite his boasting, Emilio did deserve to win and I'm glad he listened to Tim and added more color. But I foresee problems between them when Tim visits. Also, it looks like Emilio has found a new catchphrase--"Come hard!" I'm getting the T-shirt tomorrow.

I was surprised when they announced the run-off between Mila and Jay. I thought Mila would take it because she's been more consistant if not as risk-taking as Jay. Actually both did show at Bryant Park, only one of them was on TV. I hope Mila steps outside her geometric black shapes and tries something different so Nina will finally approve of her again. I liked that Emilio said he's rather compete with Seth Aaron and Mila because they were the strongest ones, even though I don't think he likes Mila.

No comments:

Post a Comment