Saturday, October 3, 2009

Project Runway Episode 7: Tears on the Runway


Poor Christopher. He obviously thought he was going to win and then the judges smacked him upside the head with a "disco pumpkin" metaphor. He was crying like a baby. The look of shock on his face when he was told he was in the bottom was priceless. All that build-up from Tim, too and Christopher was getting along so well with Epperson, I thought I was going to be sick. Well, Michael Kors' critique brought him back down to earth. Maybe next time he won't be so confident. I was surprised they were so harsh. I liked the idea of a shirt dress and thought it was an OK outfit. The disco pumpkin thing was a terrible color and looked like it had been designed for a production number in a revival of Sweet Charity to show how bizarre clothes were in the 1960s. The judges were right, the two dresses had nothing to do with each other.


Speaking of judges, at least we got Michael back, but where is Nina? Are they going to fly the entire editorial board of Marie Claire to Los Angeles before she can return? My friend Lydia told me that last week's Marie Claire judge is like a fourth-assistant editor or something. I do want to see The September Issue and see Anna Wintour in action. It will make my job look easy by comparison.


Louise did deserve to go home. Tacky, tacky, tacky. The ruffles looked like they had been stapled on by a nine-year-old and that frilly thing on the other dress was not integrated with the rest of the look, just tacked on. The shower-curtain metaphor was accurate.


Gordana finally got some credit for doing nice work. I was worried that she was going to get slammed because she and Irina were not getting along well together. Irina's winning design was pretty, I didn't think it was spectacular.


I hope the tease for next week is accurate when Heidi said the designers would be getting new models. I'm sick of these girls now that Fatma is gone. If I wanted to watch catfights with models, I'd tune in Tyra Banks (and that's the last time you'll read her name in this blog, honey!) Watched only a couple of minutes of the Models of the Runway. Who cares about walking coaches? "You don't want to challenge this!"


Strange thought: Why an extended preview of a strictly guy movie ("2012") during a girly show like Runway?

No comments:

Post a Comment