Thursday, September 24, 2009

Project Runway Episode 6: Mandatory Model Jumping

Just as I was starting to get bored out of my mind about those dumb models sticking with their designers, they switch it up and force the designers to change models. That was the only drama in a long time on the Models of the Runway series. As I noted in my previous Runway post, because of this ridiculous models show, we are stuck with the same girls every week instead of occasionally having to design for ordinary people or males or each other or something unusual. I'm sorry Fatma had to go, she was my favorite.

I am also sick of Logan and all the girls mooning over him. He's OK, but not hot and not worthy of all the shirtless shots. While watching the endless idolization of this blond skinny guy from Seattle, I realized the reason--the Lifetime audience, or at least the one they want to primarily attract, is primarily straight female and not a mix of straight women and gay men like Bravo. Speaking as a gay man, Logan is not your typical eye candy for me. I prefer Christopher. On previous seasons of Runway on Bravo, the hot guys would always be gay--like that hunky one who had to go home because of health reasons two seasons ago.

But I digress from the fashions this week--Nicholas's ice queen gown did deserve to win, very detailed and chic. The makeup helped a lot. Ra'mon's lizard thing looked like a rug in a cheap hotel where you have sex for an hour while you're on your break from the diner across the road (how's that for a movie story, kids?) Louise's outfit was a mess than wasn't even hot. I felt really sorry for Gordana, the judges are always so mean to her--"I can tell you're a great dressmaker, but I don't see your vision." Come on, it was a pretty flapper outfit, very detailed and obviously well made. I think it had a pont of view and was historically intriguing. She didn't deserve to be in the bottom three. Her paper dress was nice last week as well, but they put her on the bottom then. She's going to be eliminated pretty soon and that will be her send-off "It was well made, but nothing special."

Speaking of the judges where the hell are Michael Kors and Nina Garcia? Is there are a power struggle at Marie Clare between Nina and this smug young editor who judged this week? I don't like her, I don't know why I just don't. Nina and Michael are two of the reasons people watch the show, they should be brought back. Also I'm not excited by these designers--their personalities or their work. Wouldn't you know I start blogging during the most dull Project Runway season yet. It's the same every weekHopefully things will perk up soon. And there's always Amazing Race, starting Sunday.

Did I tell you I saw Diane von Furstenberg at the theatre one night?

2 comments:

  1. I like Christopher and Logan... Wasn't Christopher's dress gorgeous? I thought he deserved the win and I didn't like Ra'Mon's dress this week but I wish he hadn't gone home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Christopher is more talented than Logan. I also think Ra'mon had bad luck this week.

    ReplyDelete