Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Amazing Race 18: Unfinished Business: Preview

Here's a David Desk first: a preview of the next Amazing Race season before it even starts. Next week starts the second time TAR has reassembled a bunch of teams from previous seasons and this time, it's all audience favorites who didn't win through bad luck or stupidity. I checked them all out at CBS's website and here are my thoughts:

Zev and Justin: My very favorites. The guy with Asberger's disease and his pal. They were eliminated after finished first in an early leg because they lost their passports. I loved Zev's spirit when they beat the beefy Boston lawyer and his girlfriend to the mat. The lawyer claimed he was a lion and the other teams were gazelles. Zev said right there he'd take on the guy. Love it. I want them to win.

Mel and Mike: Definitely rooting for them, though Mike is a successful actor and screenwriter so he doesn't need the money, but they were a lot of fun and I would love for middle America to see a gay father and son win.

Father and daughter (two teams): Why are these people back? One is Miss Kentucky and her dad and the other is the Asian dad and daughter who were always fighting. Both did reasonably well and finished near the top of their respective races. This season should be reserved for those who finished near the bottom and goofed up because of a little slip. Neither of these two excite me.

The cowboys: These guys came in second and the other brothers who won were just a tad smarter than them. They had plenty of airtime in their season and were not cheated of anything. So I don't think they deserve a second chance. They're jsut popular with the Oklahoma viewers.

The Goths: Fun outsiders who added a lot to the mix. I enjoyed them and their eccentricities.

The Globetrotters: I'm sure these two are great guys but they're professional athletes for heaven's sake. Unfair advantage. Plus they don't need the money. They lost because they couldn't figure out who Franz Kafka was, but I doubt if they've been boning up on European authors.

Volleyball players: They lost because one had to go to bathroom and couldn't wait. So I don't feel particularly sorry for them. But they did show a lot of spirit. Also look for them to renew their rivalry with the deaf son and mother.

Deaf son and mother: Again they did very well on their race, finishing near the top, so I'm not rooting for them.

Cute couple: There has to be at least one hot straight dating couple on every show.

Cheerleader chicks: I guess they needed one token pretty-girl team. I don't even remember this pair, what season they were on or what their tale of woe was to qualify them for returning. Oh yeah, they had a bad cab driver. Boo-freakin'-hoo, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment