Friday, March 12, 2010

Project Runway--Season 7--Episode 8--Big Bowl o' Hair

I thought my DVR was going to record this week's Project Runway from the beginning but for some reason it didn't. So when I came home at about 10:30PM after a hard night of reviewing plays like Jennifer Jason Leigh in Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle, I was looking forward to watching the show from the top. When I discovered it wasn't recording I thought, OK, I'll watch the runway show now and catch up with the repeat at 11:30. As a result, I was totally unprepared for Amy's horrifying big-bowl-of-hair. It scared me out of three years' growth. The model turned the corner and I said "What the fuck is that? It looks like she's balancing a bowl of hair on her breasts. Why doesn't she throw in some chips and pretzels and make herself useful by serving them to the judges?"

Amy described her objective as "controlled chaos." Well, she got the second part right. She screwed up last week too, so I don't know why she stayed. Her work was far worse than Ben's shark suit. But I guess the judges are thinking out-of-box crazy shit beats out ho-hum bad stitching. Jay's twister-sister look from the tornado ballet in The Wiz induced jaw-dropping stares from the judges, but he couldn't be eliminated. Mila couldn't color-block the pain and got a tongue lashing from Nina. Jonathan's laughter in the air dream was reminscent of his toilet paper in a windstorm, but this time it worked, plus Irish Carrie looked beautiful. Seth Aaron's leather outfit was fierce, but what was the extra piece on her ass? Nina was really hard on Maya and that French guy seemed like he was a little too relaxed, maybe he was drunk and could have used some peanuts and pretzels from hair-bowl girl.

After the runway show, I caught up with the first half during the repeat. This would have tipped me off that Ben would have been on his way to the gallows because he was talking with his boyfriend, or husband since they got married, on that little keyboard-iphone doohickey--always the kiss of death. BTW, why does Ben always look like he's on his way to Rawhide (a leather bar for you non-New Yorkers) and do the contestants all get those cute little phone things? What's her name who cried all the time had one too.

Ben and Jonathan had a really interesting talk about being safe and staying in the middle. You'll recall I spoke about this very topic in my blog last week and that the middle pack would have have to drop out or rise to the top. Ben did the former and Jonathan the latter.

And how many times did they mention Garnier? I should keep track of the product placements.

No comments:

Post a Comment