Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Goodbye 2009

The old year is drawing to a close. Tomorrow is New Year's Eve and many thoughts are swirling through my head as I am about to go to sleep--

--2009 was an exciting year. I got to go to Chicago, Puerto Rico, Louisville, New Orleans, Winter Park, Florida, Plattsburgh, NY, Vermont, and Athens. My company was sold (but "I'm not afraid" as Bette Davis said to Gladys Cooper in Now Voyager). I had the enormous challenge of staging a major event--rounding up speakers, putting together panels, etc. I was on the red carpet at the Tonys. I served as treasurer for my co-op. I added to my comic book collection.

--I feel sad that Broadway cannot sustain even well-reviewed shows like Brighton Beach Memoirs, Ragtime, and Finian's Rainbow just because they have no big names.

--I like Web Soup on G4 because the host Chris Hardwick is super-cute and funny, but it's weird watching G4. It's a real straight-boy network full of video games and girls in lingerie. A sort of geeky version of Spike. Not at all like Bravo or Lifetime.

--In a way I'm very geeky but in a gay way. I DVRed the new episodes of Doctor Who on BBC-America. BTW, why is Docto Who no longer on the Sci-Fi Channel or SyFy as they now call it.

--I saw Up in the Air on Monday at BAM with my friend Diane. Afterwards we went to the apartment where she was catsitting for friends who were vacationing for the holidays. We had some red wine while the cats roamed the place. It was strange drinking in an apartment where neither of us lived. Diane was going to sleep over, so at about 10 PM I went into the unfamiliar Brooklyn streets to take the G train home. It was equally strange to take that train since I never do. All those strange stations with names I didn't recognize.

No new year's resolutions. Just continuing on. These are the last few random ramblings of 2009 of my scatteshot mind. Tomorrow we are driving to Philly to visit my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment